Open to: registered civil society organisations in Africa or UK
Grants: the maximum grant is EUR 646 per year for up to three years
The Trust would like to focus their limited funds on economic development rather than service provision. Trustees favour work such as small business support and training, and microfinance in both urban and rural settings. Applications in support of initiatives that are building sustainable futures in the semi arid areas of Africa are especially welcome. Trustees also welcome appeals that support and protect street children, and help them find safe and sustainable livelihoods.
The Trust would welcome applications that enable successful practical solutions to be replicated or that aim to bring about relevant policy change through effective advocacy.
- Smaller, grass-roots organisations and do not generally respond to appeals from large and well-supported charities;
- Registered civil society organisations in Africa or UK based charities which might be diaspora organisations based in the UK;
- Applications need to be made in English;
- Sahelian countries as long as they can be submitted in English.
The maximum grant is £5,000 per year for up to three years.
How to apply?
Applications can be made at any time. It can take up to six months to assess an application. Successful applicants will be informed in writing.
There is no application form. Applicants must send a short letter (1-2 pages) via post and also include:
- Budget for current and following year;
- Details of funding already received, promised or applied for from other sources;
- Latest annual report / accounts in the shortest available form.
Please send your appeal to:
The Noel Buxton Trust
PO Box 520
Fleet GU51 9GX.
For more information, please visit official website